Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, October 2, 2011

And so it begins...

Welcome to my blog!

For several reasons I've decided to take up knitting again.  That will be a post for another time...

I have bought some sticks, some yarn and a few patterns.  I've even checked out Knitting for Dummies from the library!  I hope  this will be a relaxing past-time since my eyesight makes it difficult to do counted cross-stitch although that will always be my first love.  (Although having to make things perfect may hinder that a bit...but I'm not a perfectionist or an A type personality at all!)

I've been searching for months now for an out of print knitting booklet to finally finish my first knitting project started over 29 years ago...so far I have had no luck and I am getting discouraged! 

I have just joined Ravelry.com and while I am a bit overwhelmed right now I am looking forward to that close knit community.  Pun intended!

If anyone recognizes the pattern for this baby blanket and can direct me to where I can purchase the booklet I will be forever grateful!  (It is not a leaflet but a full 81/2x11 booklet approx. 30 pages.)  Possibly Leisure Arts?  I think there was a baby girl in a pink dress on a blanket on the cover.  Booklet would be 30-45 years old or possibly older. 

Dee




No comments:

Post a Comment